The Midwest Color Guard Circuit Championships will be held at LaPorte High School, 602 F Street, LaPorte, Indiana. This two-day event, the peak of the MWCGC season, will take place on April 1st and 2nd.
For information about performing units and other contest information, watch our schedule page. This information will be posted as soon as it is available. Please see below more information regarding Championships:
- If interested in being a vendor at Championships please fill out and submit this form.
- After completing this form, all checks should be made payable to "MWCGC" and mailed to:
1) A graduating HS senior from a scholastic guard OR are aging out of Independent RA/IA/IO unit
- If you are submitting after midnight on 2/20, only complete the mandatory fields. No photo is needed. The form will remain available after the deadline; however, any submissions after the deadline will NOT be included in the yearbook.
- Please remember the following guidelines when submitting your photos:
1) We cannot and will not print any photos that have a photographer's watermark on them -- even if they indicate "ok for yearbook" because this refers to your HS yearbook not our yearbook. If you upload a photo with a photographers watermark on it, it will not be used.
2) Attach your electronic photo images directly to this form. This should be a jpg format photo and include your name and school name or Independent Unit Name within the name of the jpg file (example: JaneSmithJustinHighSchool.jpg).
- If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lauren Pardun at .
- If interested in applying for the MWCGC scholarships please fill out the form when available. Along with three letters of recommendation which can be submitted through a separate form.
- This one application applies for multiple scholarships including: the MWCGC, the Dot Dahnke, the Steve Brubaker and the Shea Preston-Al Nichols Scholarships
- This application is now closed for the 2017 season.
Outstanding Rookie Award
The OUTSTANDING ROOKIE AWARD is presented to a first year Marching Member, new to the winter guard activity, who exhibits outstanding growth of skills, understanding and commitment to the responsibilities of membership and a dedication to the winter guard activity. Those eligible include any marching member of any unit belonging to the MidWest Color Guard Circuit. The OUTSTANDING ROOKIE AWARD is presented annually at the MWCGC Championship Contest.Only Unit Directors may submit nominees.
Commander's Medallion Award
The Commander’s Medallion Award is given For Outstanding Leadership to Unit, Director and Community. The Commander’s Medallion is presented annually at the MWCGC Championship Contest. Only Unit Directors may submit nominees. Letters received after the deadline will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
Please submit a Unit Ad for this year's yearbook! It's a FREE half-page space we give each guard in the annual yearbook. The form can be found through this link and is relatively simple. A few guidelines before you begin:
Yearbook Order Form (FORM LINK)
For the 2017 Championships, we are instituting a pre-order of yearbooks. Units' members and parents, while there will still be some for sale at the event, won't have to go find one on their own. Your pre-order can be conveniently picked up and paid for when you check in at Championships (please have a check ready at check-in for your pre-order).
Yearbooks will be $10 each this year. You can pre-order your yearbooks here through March 28th on this form. THIS FORM IS FOR A SINGLE UNIT PRE-ORDER, NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY ORDERS.