Looking for an energetic, quality-centered teacher who wants to be a part of a cohesive team. The Berkner Band is 300 students strong and most recently performed at the 2016 UIL State Marching Band Championship. Interested parties should send a letter of interest, resume, and references via email to Jason Schayot at . Click here to apply online through Richardson ISD. For more information please go to the Berkner Band website: www.berknerband.com.
- College degree, Texas Teaching Certificate, and Dance certification all preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated success directing and choreographing equipment and dance repertoire for outdoor and indoor color guard activities.
- Strong organizational and instructional skills as demonstrated by groups previously under his/her direction.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain members.
- Direct all activities of a 30-50-member color guard within the curriculum and instructional objectives of the band program.
- Serve as the primary instructor for two color guard classes daily.
- Implement a comprehensive equipment technique program as well as a fundamental movement/dance program.
- Participate in all extra-curricular rehearsals, performances, and other activities as required.
- Direct all recruiting efforts with the support of the Director of Bands.
- Design, implement, and direct indoor performances during the second semester that are suitable for presentation in the community in a variety of contexts as ambassadors of the school and the total band program. This curriculum will develop skills in anticipation of the fall marching season. Competitive winter guard participation is not required.
- Develop responsible citizens with an emphasis on social and academic integrity and leadership.
- Assist and actively participate in staff marching production meetings and with the development of show concepts
- Assist and cooperate fully and willingly with the band staff in a unified effort to improve the comprehensive band program and to support one another.
- Present a cooperative and supportive image to the public as regards professional relationships.
- Maintain student accountability with regard to performance and participation standards.